Project Budgeting in nTask
Budgeting is essential to planning of any major business project. Without a well-planned budget, projects can fall apart and be left incomplete. nTask has made keeping your finances in check easier than ever!
Just follow along these simple steps to add budget to your projects.
- Click on the projects from the navigation panel on the left
- Click on the project tile you want to set budget for
- You are now in the project's Gantt view
- Now click the ellipsis (three dots) icon on the top-right corner of the display.
- Click ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu.
- You are now on the Project Budgeting and Resource Planning screen.
- Here, you can select a currency from the drop-down list on the top left corner of the display. Put in a numerical value for project’s budget in the ‘Budget’ field next to it.
Setting up a project's Budget in nTask
Resource Planning in nTask
- You can also assign a role to each of your resources and associate an hourly cost and the estimated number of hours that the resource will take.
- Doing so will automatically update the estimated cost of each resource and a total estimated cost of the whole project.
Planning a Project's resources in nTask
Actual Project Costs
Actual project costs work on approved timesheet hours that each team member submits to their supervisors. Once approved, the relevant team member's approved work hours will be reflected in the actual project cost shown on the project's Gantt view on the top-right.
Actual Project Costs are calculated by the following formula: Total number of approved hours worked x Resource hourly rate as defined in the Resource Planner
And that’s it!
If there’s anything you feel needs a more extensive demonstration, you can write to us on email@example.com. We’d be happy to assist!
Now that you have created your first project in nTask. Let me help you set it up. nTask allows you to be able to choose amongst different billing methods. Non-Billable Projects Non-Billable projects are designed when billing is not intended for a ...
Project Settings in nTask
A project is made up of multiple building blocks working together in harmony as one unit. These building blocks need to be monitored and managed from a little place known as Project Settings. Project settings option in nTask assists the user to ...
Creating a Project in nTask
Whether you’re a startup working with a small team, part of a growing business with multiple teams, or simply someone with several projects at hand, you're likely to fall victim to mishandling of projects at some point over the course of time. It's ...
Create a Project
A Project is a collective enterprise or a collection of Tasks designed to achieve your company’s aims. It is a section where you can stack up all of your tasks under one project banner and nTask will let you know different parameters about a project ...
Assign task to project
Here's how to assign a task to a project in nTask. Go to Task Card from the Task Board. Open the task you want to assign to a project. Doing so will open a pop-up window. Click on the Select Project dropdown on the top left side. ...