Start a new topic
In Progress

Re-order checklists

There should be an option to order the checklist inside tasks, otherwise they get ordered as you input each checklist item.

Suggested by: Pedro Soares

11 people like this idea

Just an idea, if you want to know an opinion of what would be intuitive.  If someone tries to do something and can't, my guess is that the first way they tried it is most intuitive to them.  I tried dragging and dropping them and ended up checking and selecting instead.

I stumbled across this looking for how to re-order the items, and I am a bit disappointed that I now I have to delete all my checklist items, since I copied and pasted them in reverse order thinking I could fix it later.

1 person likes this

I agree with Pepper's post. Can't live without reorder!

The problem is - what is a project, what is a task, what is a subtask, what is an ongoing activity? The definitions are simple on the face of it but when it collides with the real world then we need lots of flexibilty.

As well as reordering... I would live the option to create a section header - like in Backpack -within the to do list so you can group sub tasks under headings. Here is an example taken out of my project.. as it is:

Task: Record video for Scarecrow

Upload to You Tube

Greenscreen recording at Felix's

Subtitle the video

Create the video in Final cut

Shoot additional footage

When is the Scarecrow festival?

Get footage off phone

AND HERE IS WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE WITH REORDER AND SOME EDITABLE HEADINGS.

The heading are not tasks just descriptive. Backpack and Asana have a way of doing this.

SHOOT

Greenscreen recording at Felix's

Shoot additional footage

Add FX in Final Cut

FINAL

Upload to You Tube

Subtitle the video

Share it!

NOTES

When is the Scarecrow festival?

Get footage off phone

Login to post a comment