Welcome! If you're someone who's looking for ways to simplify your tasks and want easy tracking of all the work ahead of you, you've come to the right space!
Optimizing your work (individual or group) has never been as simplified as it will now be with nTask, a simple to use application that provides a structured approach for all your project management needs.
Whether it is task management, team management, or even your daily routine management, get work done faster with nTask.
Increased productivity levels are now just a few steps away from you.
Take your first step into the simplified world of nTask with our step-by-step walkthrough.
Understanding Workspaces and Projects
What is a Workspace?
A workspace is the most basic and at the same time the highest-level organizational unit in nTask. All of your data has an associated workspace. A workspace helps you keep all of your data organized.
The team workspace is where you can manage your entire team. You can easily add/remove members and can perform all team management related actions. This is the place where all your collaboration will take place.
A project is a series of tasks that need to be completed in order to reach a specific outcome. nTask has made project management very smooth, easy and quick for you. nTask offers you Gantt charts to help visualize your project progress.
A Gantt chart is a timeline that is used to illustrate how the project will run. Gantt charts are useful in the project planning phase. You can use Gantt charts for managing workflow and adding products to the practice of your projects.
List, Grid, and Calendar views
nTask allows you to choose from three different views depending on your needs.
This is the most common and flexible way to manage your tasks. Once the tasks are created, a clear and concise List view is generated by the application that displays each task along with:
- summary of task progress
- its due date
- number of attachments it has
- number of comments
- who it is assigned to
The Grid view displays all the tasks in large wholesome boxes that aid the user to get a bird’s-eye-view of where each task is at any given point. The grid icon is one way to quickly figure out which tasks need your immediate attention and which tasks are at low priority at a given time.
nTask’s Calendar view is your place for planning, scheduling, and resource management. We firmly believe project management is impossible without proper day-to-day record management, hence the calendar view option. The calendar view provides you with a simplified view of each task for a given month. It diminishes the need for users to peer into the nuances of a task in order to ascertain the due time. Users can assort calendar view according to Creation Date or Due Date, pertaining to their visibility needs.
Hierarchy in nTask
To give you the best possible experience nTask allows you to fully customize your workflow.
nTask removes any hierarchy limitations for you. Now you create unlimited stand-alone tasks, meetings, issues and risks.
This can be used when you require a more orthodox way of getting things done. Here you create a project first following a proper hierarchy. This serves for better project planning and coordination.
Onboarding your team members
Now that you understand what nTask is all about, let us give you a brief overview on how to use it, we want to do this as fast as possible as we know that the time is valuable for you all and we want you to get back to being productive in no time.
- Invite team members to a workspace
- Create a project
- Gantt charts
- Create a task
- Add assignee to a task
- Add task details
- Collaborate using comments/attachments
- Add time spent on tasks
- Create a meeting for a task
- Create risks (if any)
- Create issues (if any)
Clicking the profile button, you will see the Profile settings. Click the Profile settings section and you will see the following elements.
- In Personal Information you can see all of the information associated with the account
- You can even change all of the information as you see fit
- You can change the First and Last Name
- You can select the Job Title and the Company’s Industry
- You can even change the Country and the Phone number associated with the account
- In this section you have two settings i.e. Localization and Personalization
- In the Localization section, Set the First day of the week according to your company’s policies
- You can even change the Time Zone in which your company resides, or your work activities are performed
- In the Personalization section, you can set a custom background pattern for your workspace
- You can also toggle the Dark mode for the Workspace’s sidebar
In this section you can toggle on or off different Notifications associated with the elements in your workspace. Some of them are:
- Application Notifications
- Desktop Notifications
- Task Meetings Email
- Timesheet Approval
- Timesheet Submission
- Issues Notifications
- Risk Notifications
Sign In & Security
This section contains multiple elements to be viewed and changed as you want.
- You can set up a two factor authentication account
- You can change the email address that is associated with the account
- You can also change the password of the account
- Also, you can set the Timeout limit
- There are also options to link your social media accounts (Facebook, Google, Twitter, LinkedIn) with the Workspace.
Apps & Integrations
In this section you can link your account with the following apps:
You can also toggle Legacy Data, on or off.
nTask incorporates integrations to make tracking your work even easier.
nTask Slack links allow you to get a quick context of your tasks. You can also perform nTask actions with a single click in Slack.
Using the nTask Zapier integration, you can automate, sync, manage and import data from more than 1000 applications making your life a lot easier and productive.
Within the App support
nTask has an amazing customer support team that will resolve any and every issue of yours in no time. You can let them know your queries and feedback in two ways.
- Click the Profile button and you will see a section labeled “Send Feedback”. You can enter your feedback about the workspace here.
- If you want to communicate directly to them, then click the chat button in the lower right corner. That will open for you a messenger to communicate with the support team about any feedback or questions you might have.