If you are on this page, then you have successfully added your tasks to their proper projects.
A Gantt view of a project is the visual progression of the tasks as they are worked on. It includes all of the planning and scheduling information about the tasks included in the project.
Another feature that you will find in the Gantt view of the project, when you will use nTask workspace, is Task Dependencies. This is a link between different tasks that are included in the Project and are dependent on each other for the project to be completed.
Let us tell you where to see the Gantt view of a project and how to make a Link Dependency.
- Head over to the Project section on your workspace page
- Click on the project you want to see the Gantt view of
- Upon clicking, you will see the tasks included in the project and on the right, you will see the Gantt view
- Here you can see a visual representation of your tasks as they progress
- You can change the duration of the tasks by sliding them through the dates mentioned just above the tasks in the Gantt view
- When you want to create a dependency between two tasks, just hover the cursor over the first task and grey circles will appear at both ends of the task
- Click the circle and hold it while you drag it to link it to the circle of the start of the second task
- When this activity is completed, you will see a red line connecting the tasks, displaying the task dependency
Your task dependency has been created. If you want to see the different progressions of the tasks i.e. Planned, Actual or Planned vs Actual, you can do that by clicking the button on the far right which looks like a square cut into three unequal pieces. Here, you can also see the Progress line and the Critical paths of the tasks.
If there’s anything you feel needs a more extensive demonstration, you can write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d be happy to assist!